Cork

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Another busy week!






Who's this? and why is he on my blog?



G'day all,

Well, the end of the school year is drawing to a close very quickly, isn't it? I'm delighted at the progress that some of you have made with your English and especially your writing on the blog. Well done!

I've had a really busy time lately. Last Thursday evening my husband and I went to a reception with
John della Bosca to launch the fundraising bid for the Australian Paralympian team for Beijing 2008. I met some interesting people there including a hand cyclist called Kahi Puru. He used to be a power lifter! He hopes to represent Australia at the 2008 Olympic Games in the hand cycling event!

On Saturday night my husband and I went to see the rock band called
U2. They are very famous all around the world and they come from Ireland! By the way, there is an Irish man in the final of Australian Idol! I hope he wins!

It was great to see everyone so busy in the library last Monday. I hope all the research for your short talk is finished and I look forward to hearing your biographies next week.
Remember the story we read this morning called 'Do the Right thing'? Well, check out the 3 stories on culture and cultural misunderstandings in Time4English . Then write in your blog about something funny that has happened to you or someone you know because of a cultural mistake.
Also check out the grammar section to get more practice with Modals!!
Peter, the teacher from Dublin is really keen for you to write to his students. Lookwhat he wrote in a comment to me in the post before last. It would be great for you to do it.
I must go now because I have to interview new clients for our English classes! I might get back to my blog later but maybe not! Well, I mustn't spend any more time doing this so bye and happy blogging!

4 Comments:

Blogger ling said...

Hi, Marion
The man's name is Demian Leith. He is Top 1 of Australia Ido. He from Ireland because same country that you from, so you put his photo on your blog
His day job is as a chemist and he lives with his wife Eileen and baby son, Jarvis. Ironically, considering his beautiful falsetto, Damien's first garage band in Ireland was a death metal act, soon followed by a family band called Leaf.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Wellcome to China ! said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:00 PM  
Blogger tina said...

Dear Marion;
The person is Damien Leith,He is in the final two of the 2006 Australian Idol.He comes from Ireland,which is your country,so you put his photo on your blog.because you are proud.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Wellcome to China ! said...

Hi Marion:
The man's name is Damien Leith. he is a Australia idol.Some poeple liked him. Marion liked him too.He came from your country .you were proud of Damien Leith.so you puted his photo on your blog.He is a outstanding singer.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home