Cork

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Our excursion to the Sydney Aquarium


Today AMEP-B and AMEP-C went to the Sydney Aquarium in Darling Harbour. AMEP-C met their teacher, Sally, at the Hogben Street campus and AMEP-B met me at Kogarah railway station. All the students had dressed up very nicely for the excursion. For some students it was the first time on the train to the city without a family member. Sally and I were very proud of the students as they either asked the clerk for a return ticket to the city or bought their ticket from the ticket machine.

Once we all had our tickets, we headed down to the platform to catch the train. However, two students were missing so Sally went out to the front of the station to look for them. There was only one student there! I rang Dan, the other student. I was very surprised when he told me that he was already at Darling Harbour! I told him to wait for us there.

The trip to the city was very quick. We got off the train at Town Hall station. Then we walked past Sydney Town Hall. It is a very big, beautiful, old building. Some of the students took photos here. Next, we walked past a huge statue of Queen Victoria and through the Queen Victoria building.

1 Comments:

Blogger rosa ochoa said...

Wow! Very impressive, Marion. I love the photo and the links!

I'm going to link your post to my blog to show my students. Whoh knows... they may be tempted to also go to the aquarium. It looks as if your two classes had a terrific time.

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home